Saturday 20 October 2012

Review: Iron's Prophecy


Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…

 Title: Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey Novellas ~ Books 4.5) 
Author: Julie Kagawa 
Publication Date: September 01 2012 
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Length: 67 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Snakes.. eeeewww!  But I promise the snake is a part of the story!
Point of View: 1st person, following Meghan

My Rating: 4 Stars

This novella is used as a bridge between Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series and her new spin off series, The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten.

If you have read the blurb then you know that Ash and Meghan are together and that she is pregnant with their first child.  Meghan is visited by the Oracle while her and Ash are at Winter's Elysium.  She is reminded of the prophecy that was so quickly forgotten before...  In The Iron Queen it was told to Meghan that her and Ash's unborn child would bring them nothing but grief.

The Oracle would now like to give Meghan a glimpse into one of the possible futures that may come to pass.  In this future we see a glimpse of their son standing over a bloody, dead body.  Who is dead?  Well I am not going to tell you that... but I strongly suggest you read this before you start The Lost Prince so that you can find out.

This is a quick read but it was nice to get a bit more of Ash, Meghan, Puck and Grimalkin.  I know the spin off series is in the same 'world' but I am unsure as to who is going to play a part so any extra time with these guys is a good thing.

“This is real. This is what's important to me now. I'm not worried about the future, whatever it brings. I have all I need, right here.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )