Wednesday 17 October 2012

Review: Summer's Crossing


A Midsummer's Nightmare? Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.

Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place he cannot go without Puck's help—into the heart of the Summer Court. And Puck faces the ultimate choice—betray Ash and possibly win the girl they both love, or help his former friend turned bitter enemy pull off a deception that no true faery prankster could possibly resist.

Title: Summer's Crossing (The Iron Fey Novellas ~ Book 3.5)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publication Date: June 01 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 1459206401
Length: 72 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Favorite in the series so far! Loving the green and I love Puck as a crow!
Point of View: 1st person, following Puck

My Rating: 5 Stars

I have mentioned before the difficulty I have in rating a novella.  However, with that said I have to say that I have no hesitations at all with rating Summer's Crossing with five huge sparkly stars!  My only complaint is that it couldn't be longer.

This is told from Puck's point of view which was so much fun! I am absolutely smitten with Puck.  This novella follows Puck as he goes with Ash to track down our favorite feline, Grimalkin.  When they are about to set off they are stopped by the exhiled Queen, Leanansidhe.  Ash did the unthinkable and promised her a favor in return for a favor that she granted him in the earlier book.  So what does she want?  She wants him to break into the Summer Court to steal back a 'violin' which Queen Titania stole from her.  Luckily for Ash Puck is along for the ride and this 'should' make it much easier for the task to be completed.  Because Puck is a part of the Summer Court they can easily get in and out... what could possibility go wrong?

This mini adventure is filled with schemes, danger and plenty of laughter.  I mean with Puck telling the story how can it not be funny?  I love his interactions with Prince 'Ice Boy' Ash, the banter between these two is classic and will keep you laughing.

Of course along the way Puck is faced with temptation... Just think, what if Ash was caught in the Summer Court?  This would mean the end of Ash and Puck would be free to be with Meghan.  What will Puck decide to do?  What feelings are deeply hidden behind his jokester actions?

Guess you will have to read it to find out but I promise you will not be disappointed... well like me you may be disappointed that it wasn't a bit longer!

“I would be more than her guardian and her champion and the jester who made her laugh. 
I would be her everything, if I could.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )