Tuesday 22 May 2012

Review: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter


Title: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Author: Seth Grahame-Smith
Publication Date: March 2nd 2010
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
ISBN: 0446563080
Length: 336 Pages
Link to SynopsisGoodreads
Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

My Rating: 5 Stars

What a marvellous book! Seth Grahame-Smith has been able to seamlessly combine the real life history and facts of one of America's most beloved Presidents with such a bizarre subject... vampires!

I started this book with the idea in my head that it would flirt on the edge of insane or quirky but instead I actually found myself thinking far too many times, "This could have really happened." My suspension of disbelief completely melted away and I found myself believing every word that I was reading. Even today at work I was explaining the book to a co-worker and I had to actually stop myself as I was retelling parts of the story because I found myself speaking as if it were all truth and facts. The writing seemed effortless in how it weaved fact and fiction flawlessly.

I was so happy when I reached the end, not because I was glad for it to be over but because I enjoyed it so much I was nervous that somehow the ending would let me down. But thankfully it did not.

This book is dark, gory in places, violent and completely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )