Tuesday 28 August 2012

Review: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord


Title: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (A Throne of Glass Novella 0.1)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publication Date: January 13 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN: N/A
Length: 63 Pages
Link to SynopsisGoodreads
Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

My Rating: 4 Stars

This is the first of four novellas that serve as prequels to Throne of Glass. I read Throne of Glass prior to the prequels and would suggest this order. Other than Celaena the characters are new therefore it is not giving away plot to read them first. Although it is good going back now to learn more about Celaena, part of the greatness of her in Throne of Glass is the mystery of her past. I am glad that I learned of it slowly during the novel and am leaning more of her past now.

This novella was a quick fun read. We finally get to meet Sam which was nice to be able to see he and Celaena together. We only hear about little bits and pieces during the the full novel. This has the same action and adventure with a few pirates thrown in to make it truly swashbuckling.

So, I would suggest this novella but as I said I would read the full novel first. Now I am off to start The Assassin and the Desert which is the second novella in the series.

3 comments:

  1. I hink I had this novella but I never got around reading it :P

    It's good to hear it was nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! Thanks so much for checking out my blog earlier today and following! Returning the favor!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...Pirates...may have to check this one out!

    Barbara
    bbsbooknook@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )