Thursday 2 August 2012

Review: City of Ashes


Title: City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments ~ Book 2)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publication Date: July 5 2010
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
ISBN: 1416914293
Length: 434 Pages
Link to SynopsisGoodreads
Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

My Rating: 5 Stars

Another amazing book in The Mortal Instruments series. I love when series books carry on exactly where the previous book left off and this series has appeared to do just that.  No 'Meanwhile... A year later...' just right back where we were.

I also very much enjoyed that the author did not spend a lot of time catching everybody up on what happened in the last book. There is nothing worse than being excited to start a new book in a great series and you find yourself reading the same story...  again! Who is going to start a series on the second book? And if a person does do that it's their own fault. This author says just enough to keep you reminded but not so much you get bored.

One of the things I have enjoyed most is the author's ability to make you feel as though you are right there.  The details of the place, the smells, the noises... I become immersed in the story.   I also find I am unable to out my Kindle down a lot of the time. I will give myself little goals such as 'At the end of this chapter I will get up to make dinner'.  Then at the end of the chapter I just have to read on and find myself trying to make the same promise to myself at the end of that chapter but it fails again.  Not that I am complaining... This is a good issue to have.

I will be starting City of Glass first thing tomorrow.   I am so happy that I started these books at a time when I had two weeks off from work. I would be quite upset if I had to wait until after work to read.

1 comment:

  1. hello from Greece...your blog looks spectacular...love it, definitely following, see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )