Tuesday 11 June 2013

Review: Bared to You


Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

Title: Bared to You (Crossfire ~ Book 1)
Author: Sylvia Day | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: May 24 2012
Publisher: Penguin Publishing
Length: 362 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: I am usually not a fan of the 'item' book covers, but I have to say I love them for this series. The colors are perfect, and I love that the items on the cover actually make an appearance in the story.  They aren't just some random item that was photographed.
Point of View: 1st person, following Eva (unfortunately)

My Rating: 4 Stars

“I can't go long without you either, Eva.  You're an addiction...my obsession...”

Yes, I know I am late coming to this party.  What can I say?  I thought there were going to be three books, so I held off until closer to the release of Entwined With You before I started.  Then it was announced that there will actually be five books, so I decided to go ahead and start them... I really couldn't wait any longer.  I have been dying to find out what all the fuss with Gideon Cross is about.

“I can let you in, Eva.  I’m trying.  But your first response when I screw up is to run away.  You do it every time and I can’t stand feeling like any moment I’m going to do or say something wrong and you’re going to bolt.” 

I want to start off with what I didn't like about Bared to You, this way I can end the review on a positive and not with me moaning.  What didn't I like?  Eva Tramell.  Plain and simple, I can't stand her.  I used to think that the most annoying  female narrator was Ana from FSoG.  Let me just say right now, you will never hear me say another bad word about Ana, she and I are officially BFFs.

I actually lost count at the number of times I rolled my eyes, yelled at my Kindle, updated Goodreads with a snotty comment about her, or had to physically put my Kindle down to calm myself.  Eva is the queen of bad decision making.  I can maybe count on one hand the number of times I actually agreed with an important decision she made.  Honestly, I wanted to throat punch her.  She starts fights for absolutely no reason, she is petty, and quite frankly vindictive.  You hurt her precious little feelings, she will do what she can to doubly hurt yours.  Ugh.

“He was the kind of guy that made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions.”

*whew* I'm glad to have that out of my system.  Now, what did I love about Bared to You?  Do you even need to ask?  That would be the one and only, Gideon Cross.  Holy bejesus, he is one fine man.  I had little doubt going in that I wasn't going to like him.  I love the confident, arrogant, dominate male characters... and Gideon Cross is the King of them all.  But it is not just his dominance... he is so very sweet.  And some of the things he says will make you weak in the knees.  We are talking some MAJOR swoon moments from Mr. Cross.

“I’ve always seen you, angel.  From the moment you found me, I’ve seen nothing but you.” 

I don't want to compare Bared to You to other well known erotic romances, but I must say the sex scenes here are far superior.  The wording used changes quite often, so you don't really get bored with them.  I never got the feeling of same 'ole same ole'.  Each and every interaction between these two is hot, and honestly off the charts.  There is no denying their sexual attraction, that's for sure.

“It's probably best for me to work off some energy before I get you naked.  I'm sure you'd like to be able to walk tomorrow.”

I am not going to go on and on about the reasons you should read this book, because frankly I'm sure those that want to already have.  You either love these type of books or you don't. I'm just sorry if you are in the 'don't want to read them' category, cause you are so missing out on Gideon Cross.

I am excited to carry on with the series, Reflected in You being the next book.  I just hope that Eva grows up a little so that I can actually start to like her, instead of dreaming up ways to kill her.

“Oh, Eva."  He rubbed his cheek against my damp face.  "I must've wished for you so hard and so often you had no choice but to come true.”

MORE QUOTES FROM BARED TO YOU

2 comments:

  1. ahaha I spent many an hour "dreaming up ways" to kill that inner goddess from 50 shades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at "Honestly, I wanted to throat punch her." She drove me nuts too! I like steamy reads, but it seems they keep writing the girls the same way. Grrh! I haven't read the other books yet despite my love for Gideon. I'm with you on the shiny object covers. Can't wait until this trend is over. Though I do not have people on my two books covers. Hmm. Great review and cool new look. (You had raindrops before, right?)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )