Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review: Down to You


The scorching tale of one girl and two brothers in a love triangle…that’s not.

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She’s just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She’s determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it’s clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport.   They’re brothers.   Twins.

Nash is everything she’s ever needed in a guy. He’s successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he’s taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv’s rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn’t stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Cash is everything she’s always wanted in a guy. He’s a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he’s no good for her.

How will she ever choose between them?

Title: Down to You (The Bad Boys ~ Book 1)
Author: M. Leighton | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: September 22 2012 
Length: 298 Pages 
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Hotness!
Point of View: Alternating 1st person between Nash, Cash and Olivia

My Rating:  4 Stars

Holy hotness... Identical twin brothers who are hot as hell?  Where do I sign up?  This book was a lot of fun to read and man on man were the sexy times (as I like to call them) steamy!

The twins... Nash is the 'good' brother.  He is working for a prestigious law firm, wears suits, goes out of his way to help when needed and is an all around good guy.  Sounds perfect right?  Well not so much, he is dating Olivia's cousin Marissa so not that perfect.  But Nash is everything Olivia 'thinks' she needs in her life.

“I bet he's an actual good guy. The kind that I desperately need in my life. The thing of it is, he'll never be mine because he's a good guy. By nature alone, a good guy would never cheat on his girlfriend, hence the impossibility of anything happening between Nash and me.”

Cash is the opposite.  He owns a nightclub, has tattoos, rides a motorcycle, appears to have girls falling all over him and is an all around bad boy.  He is everything Olivia has dated in the past and is desperately trying to get away from now.  When she goes to work for him as a bartender their interactions are hot, hot, hot... and who could resist right?

“You’ve never ridden a motorcycle before?”
“Nope.”
“What kind of bad-boy girlfriend are you?” I ask in mock dismay.
“Evidently a terrible one.”
I swing onto the bike and grab my only helmet.
Nah, you just haven’t met the right bad-boy.” 

Olivia *sigh* Olivia...   I did like her don't get me wrong but I feel like she whined a bit too often.  There were just times when I couldn't understand the thoughts that were going on in her head.  Yes Nash is a really nice guy but he is taken.  And yes Cash has the outward appearance of a bad boy but there really isn't a time where I felt he did anything to have Olivia question his motives.  So really can he be classed as the bad boy if he doesn't do anything that would cause you to label him bad?  I just didn't like when she would be with Cash and in her head wishing he was more like Nash.  Maybe this was only something I was picking up on since Cash was always my favorite of the two brothers.  And Cash is not only hot but he is so funny, there were many times he had me laughing but then the next minute he would be so sweet.

“Want me to kick his ass?”
“No, I don’t want you to kick his ass.”
“You sure? Because I specialize in deassholization.”
This time she smiles. “Deassholization?”
“Yeah. Just think of me as the Orkin man of assholes—putting assholes in their place.”
“Well, I appreciate the offer, but he’s not worth it.”
I reach forward to tuck a stray lock of raven hair behind her ear.
If he hurt you, he’s worth it.” 

This book did surprise me a lot.  It does end up being a bit more than you would expect going in... there is a massive twist and the story becomes a bit darker as everything starts coming together.  I am excited to start book two, Up To Me because the way this one ended I think the next instalment is going to be chalked full of action and hopefully plenty more of those steamy sexy times.

 “But you don’t get social with your employees,” I remind him quietly.
“I’d make an exception for you.”
His face is getting close and closer. Slowly. A centimeter at a time.
“But it’s your rule.”
“I’ll break it for you,” he whispers.
“No, don’t do that,” I say breathlessly.
“Fine, then you’re fired,” he says just as his lips meet mine.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love, Love, LOVE this book and Cash Davenport. Can't wait for you to read Up To Me, it is even better. I notice your reading The Secret of Ella and Michael. That is another one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )