Wednesday 9 January 2013

Review: The Vincent Brothers


Sawyer Vincent is still heartbroken over his breakup with Ashton Gray - made worse because he lost her to his brother - but Lana McDaniel thinks she might just have a cure.

Lana's lived in her cousin Ashton's shadow all her life, but now she's taking the lead and is determined to make Sawyer her man.

But can she be sure that Sawyer's not just using her to get back at Ashton? And what if Sawyer sees through her new sexy version of herself and discovers the shy, geeky girl she used to be?

Title: The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys ~ Book 2)
Author: Abbi Glines | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: June 5 2012
Publisher: Hot Key Books
ISBN: 1471401243  
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Just as sexy as book one!
Point of View:  Alternating 1st person between both Sawyer and Lana

My Rating: 5 Stars

I want to start off first with a warning, read The Vincent Boys first!  There is no way to discuss even a tiny bit of book two without giving away major spoilers for book one.  However, even reading the synopsis has spoilers but still wanted to give this warning before going forward.

So, it's official.  I am in love with Sawyer and Beau Vincent.  Really I could just do an entire review about all the different reasons why I love them and trust me there would be enough reasons to fill an entire review but I will do my best to reign in my swoon and write a coherent, interesting review for you to read... but I make no real promises.

The Vincent Brothers picks up just after The Vincent Boys finished.  It has only been a couple of months, Ashton and Beau are going strong and Sawyer is still trying to deal with his broken heart.  Yes he gave Ashton and Beau his blessing but that doesn't change the fact that he had planned his future around the idea of him being with Ashton.  This isn't going to be easy...

Enter Lana.  We got to meet Lana in book one, she is Ashton's cousin.  When we met her she was mousy and timid but now... well she has made some changes in her life.  She has completed an entire makeover, new hair, new wardrobe and new attitude.  What brought on this change?  She knows that Sawyer and Ashton have broken up and she has been in love with Sawyer since they were kids.  She wants to get Sawyer to notice her and spending the summer with her cousin Ashton is the best way to get her plan started.

“Sawyer was always the Vincent boy worth fighting for.

He's the special one.”

There is an attraction from the start and it is obvious that Sawyer likes the changes that Lana has made.  She is no longer timid, she speaks her mind, challenges him and he really likes it.  Unfortunately Sawyer doesn't start spending time with Lana under the best conditions... he sees her as a 'summer distraction' and even sees it as a way to get under Ashton's skin because he thinks it will make her jealous.  Lana knows that Sawyer is not fully over Ashton but she just holds onto the hope that he will finally see her, like really 'see' her and fall for her.  Even though they are not starting out on the same page and at the start their feelings toward each other are different... it doesn't stop their interactions from being hot.  And I mean holy cow... it's steamy!  These two are on fire when they are together.

“Adjusting to Beau being a caveman over a girl had been almost as hard as seeing him with Ash. Beau didn't do jealous, not until Ashton had become his. Now he was a freaking lunatic.”

I also loved how much Beau and Ashton time we got in this book. Even though it is no longer told from their point of views it was wonderful to see their relationship continuing in the background.  It was also lovely to get to know Sawyer more, he wasn't in book one for long and at that stage you are so hoping for Beau and Ashton's happy ever after that you really aren't rooting for him at all.  So it was nice to get to know him and then push him on as he goes after his own happy ending.  I really did end up loving Sawyer and his and Beau's relationship is something special.  They have been through so much.

“He made himself and what he made is one damn fine man. I am so proud to call him my brother I am bursting with it when I see him.”

And what an ending... No don't worry there is no dreaded cliffhanger as everything is nicely tied up in a perfect sparkly bow.  I was in tears by the end... it really was just wonderful how everything came together.  In actuality I fell in love with these characters and even though I am more than happy with the way it all concluded I am also sad that their stories are over.  Would love to be able to have a bit more of the Vincent boys.

“When I'm with you, my world is complete. When I touch you, I understand the meaning of life. When I lost you, I completely shattered. You. Own. Me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )