Saturday 5 January 2013

Review: Fallen Too Far


To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter.

She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

Title: Fallen Too Far (Fallen Too Far ~ Book 1)
Author: Abbi Glines
Publication Date: December 14 2012 
Length: 207 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Love this cover! Exactly how you picture Blaire and Rush.
Point of View: 1st person, following Blaire

My Rating: 5 Stars

This is my first book by Abbi Glines and I am happy to say it will not be my last.  I have already mentally moved a few of her other books to the top of my to be read pile.  Even though this was not a large book it was packed full of great characters and intense emotions.  And the sexy times... Holy hotness!  If her other books have half the attraction and sparks that we witness between Blaire and Rush then I am in for some great reading.

“Because I’ve had a taste and I’m not sharing. This isn’t just for fun. I may be slightly addicted.”

I really love Blaire.  She is quite naive even at the age of nineteen but the more you learn of her past you can understand why she is the way that she is.  She has had one boyfriend and at sixteen her Mom became ill.  She needed to spend time with her and take care of her so her boyfriend moved on because at that age he wanted more than she could give.  Her Mom was ill for three years so now at nineteen she finds herself without any real male relationships, even her father had run out on them five years ago.

 “The love she left behind will be the reason dreams are reached. She was the rock in a world that was crumbling. Her strength will remain. It’s in our hearts.”

When Blaire's Mom passes away she has no where to go.  She gets in touch with her father who has now remarried.  He offers her a place to stay while she finds work and gets back on her feet.  She shows up to find that the house is not actually owed by her father but rather his new wife's son.

This is where Rush comes into the story... he is the embodiment of a bad boy wrapped in an enigma.  He is one of those guys that you just know there are softer layers underneath but the outer layers are cold and hard.  In other words the exact type of guy we don't want to fall for.  But we do fall.  Hard.  His father is/was a drummer for a big rock band.  He has piercings, tattoos and his own share of groupies.  He is basically sex on legs.

“That first night I tried to get rid of you. Not because I disliked you.” He let out a hard bitter laugh. “But because I knew. I knew you’d get under my skin. I knew I wouldn’t be able to stay away. Maybe I hated you a little bit then because of the weakness you’d be able to find in me.” 

Blaire and Rush slowly start getting closer.  It is obvious from them both that there is an attraction.  Blaire is attracted to his bad boy confidence and Rush is attracted to her innocence.  Even though technically they are step brother and sister you never get a weird vibe about their growing attraction.  They are not really related and it is not as if they have grown up together.  I mentioned before that Blaire is naive but she is still really strong.  She does not shy away from telling Rush her feelings for him.  When he continues to push her away she continues to tell him exactly what she wants from him.  The sparks between these two are strong and bright.  Honestly... they are on fire.

“Blaire, even if all we do is kiss or just lay there and talk, I'm okay with that. I just wanted you up here. Close to me.”

The side characters make for a nice rounded story.  Woods is the local rich boy (well they all seem pretty rich in this town) and I really did end up liking him a lot, he is a good friend to Blaire.  Bethy works with Blaire and she was a hoot.  Then there is Grant who is Rush's brother, he was kind and I would really love for him to be in the next book a bit more.  Nan is Rush's younger sister and... well... Nan is a bitch.  But I'm not going to go too far into that as I don't want to give away the major plot points.  It is clear from the start there are secrets and they center around Rush and Nan.  Trust me when I say there are plenty of twists and one heck of a cliffhanger.

Thankfully there is not that long a wait until Never Too Far is due to be released, it is currently scheduled for March 12th, 2013.  I can not wait to find out what happens next! oooOOOooohhh and I also think it may be dual POV and that will be a major awesome! I so wish that Fallen Too Far was dual because I would have loved to be in Rush's head.  If you would like a sneak peak of what it is like in there you can check out this scene that the author has recently shared.  This is a scene from Fallen Too Far so please do not read it until you have finished the book! Special excerpt from FALLEN TOO FAR retold in Rush’s POV

“I held his gaze. I could see the storm in his eyes. I knew he was confused. I could see the fear. Then there was the love. I saw it. The fierceness in his eyes. I believed it. I could see it clearly. But it was too late now. The love wasn't enough. Everyone always said that love was enough. It wasn't. Not when your soul was shattered.”

2 comments:

  1. Christine, you create havoc on my control of the to read pile... oh who am I kidding.. what's another one! Thanks for the review. This one sounds pretty awesome!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your review and the clip from Rush's POV. I loved this book.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )