Tuesday 19 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #6


Hosted by Broke and The Bookish


This Week's Topic is:

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Kindle Unread




Taking Chances

*sigh* ... I am dying to read this book.  I always go back to it when I am starting something new.  I see it on my Kindle looking back at me, pleading with me to read it.  But I can never seem to force myself to start it.  Why the reluctance? 

A little birdie has told me it doesn't have a happy ending.  I am a sucker for the happily every after and if the girl doesn't pick the guy I want her to pick then I will be a very unhappy bunny.  Maybe one day I will get the courage...







The Fault in Our Stars

Another that I know has a sad ending so I just can't seem to start it.  Of course I bought it but it just sits there... unread.  If I go into a book I can handle all the angst and heartbreak because I have hope it will end happy.  But it is SO very difficult for me to start a book when I know it will end in tears.







Angelfall

I loved the synopsis of this book.  I saw it on sale at Amazon and had to grab it.  I had every intention to start it right away but for whatever reason I didn't.  And now it just keeps getting pushed back...








From Notting Hill to New York... Actually

I absolutely loved From Nothing Hill with Love... Actually.  I was so excited when there was a second book coming out.  I pre-ordered it and then... I never read it.  I don't know why.  I loved the first one and it was such a happy ending.  Maybe deep down I just don't want to see the characters go through heartbreak.  Although I'm sure it will still be a happily ever after.







The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden

With this book I think I have held off just because I know it has a cliffhanger.  Book two will be out later this year so I know I will be reading it closer to that release.  But I know I will really enjoy it because I love Jessica Sorensen.







The Assassin's Curse

 Love the synopsis of this book.  Bought it as soon as I read the blurb and then.... nothing.  Again, I am unsure as to why I haven't started it.  Too many books keep getting released that I just can't wait to start.







Defiance

 This falls under me being a cover whore.  I fell in love with this cover!  I didn't even have to read the synopsis before I knew I wanted to buy it.  Sadly... it is still unread.









Born Wicked

Again, loved the cover, love witches... knew I had to read it.  I will admit I didn't immediately buy it because it was far too expensive at first.  I have a problem with Kindle versions being more than the paper versions.  But then I saw it on sale one day and swooped in to get it.  Just haven't started it...







Gravity

 Love. Love. Love the sound of this!  I wasn't sure about the whole alien thing but then I fell in love with the Lux series so I knew I wanted to give it a go.  The beautiful cover helps.... now I just need to rad it.







Seduction and Snacks

 I have heard so many great thing about this series.  I know it is going to be hilarious.  I think I have held off because I want to use it as a rebound book.  Maybe I can find the courage to start Taking Chances or The Fault in Our Stars and read this after?  Now that is an idea...



 
So there you go... this weeks Top Ten! What is yours?

Feel free to leave your links below so that I can check them out and if you are a new follower be sure to let me know so that I can come and check out your blog in return!

17 comments:

  1. Great books, many of them on my TBR list but not yet on my shelves! I've got an ARC of Taking Chances (the prof. publisher verison) from Edelweiss but I'll read it closer to re-release. I really want Born Wicked too! And yes, ebooks being more expensive than print versions is just wrong!! I've heard great things about Angelfall too :) And I know the feeling of being reluctant to start a book but afraid of the ending...
    I hope you'll get to them all in the foreseeable future!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, some really interesting books here. I wish there was enough time to read all the lovely books!
    Here's my TTT post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelfall is soooooo good! unlike any other angel book I've read. It very much read like a sci-fi movie in my head. I hope you get to read that one soon, as well as the others! :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you need to read THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. It does have a sad ending, but it's not a sad book, if that makes sense. I actually thought if was very funny and upbeat for a book about kids with cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, The Fault in Our Stars will make you shed tears, a lot of tears! But it is soooo worth it!

    Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure

    “There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Asassin's Curse was a good read, but I think the squeal is going to be so much better.
    I have the same reason for never starting the Fault in our stars, I just don't like sad endings.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. BORN WICKED! I forgot about that one. My TBR is too ridiculous these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Fault in Our Stars, Born Wicked and Gravity are all sitting unread on my shelves, too! I should really go on a new-book ban for a few years...

    Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Assassin's Curse was AMAZING! and so was Born Wicked!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've told a ton of people this today that had The Fault in Our Stars on their list:

    READ IT. It is utterly heart breaking. It tore me apart. But it was sososososososooooo worth it.

    I've actually started Born Wicked, but I put it down to read another book and have just kind of forgotten it since then.

    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. TFiOS is a good one, I enjoyed it a lot. I preferred Will Grayson though, my favorite. Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Fault in Our Stars is still on my nightstand unread, I keep meaning to start it but other new releases keep taking precedence. You should definitely read Angelfall, I LOVED it! It is a short and fast read too!!

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  13. TFiOS is an amazing book, tissues are required but it the story does have humour in it. I loved the cover for Born Wicked as well but unfortunately the story was slow and slightly boring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOO I love the cover of Angelfall, very pretty! Also Born Wicked has an awesome cover! I want to read that. TFIOS is sad, but beautiful and definitely a must read. I've never heard of Seduction and Snacks, it looks very funny I think I need to look into it :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine you've got so many fantastic books! You really must read Born Wicked.

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Fault in Our Stars?!?!?!
    I am speechless! D:
    Okay, you've probably heard this lots by now but REAAAAD IT! So, so good.

    I personally haven't read Taking Chances, but one of my friends has and she seemed to like it. I can't wait to here what you think when you get around to reading/reviewing it. :)

    Here’s my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  17. ANGELFALL and BORN WICKED!!! Both are amazing!!!

    I also own GRAVITY and CALLIE & KAYDEN, but haven't read them yet either. I should probably get on that.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )