Sunday 31 March 2013

Book Blogger Spotlight: Book Revels


Hi! I'm Ellie and I'm from outside Philly. I'm an aspiring writer and librarian. I like to eat potatoes, swim in the ocean, and take pictures of flowers. I would live in Disney World if I could and I'm pretty much addicted to television.

When and why did you become a book blogger?

I came back from ALA last June with a bunch of ARCs and other books. I'd been considering starting a book blog for a while, and it just seemed like the perfect time to start. The why was easy: I love books. I talk about reading all the time and am constantly trying to convince all of my friends to read my favorites (I've been surprisingly successful!).

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

I got the word "revels" when I read The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There. I loved the word and came up with Book Revels as a blog name!

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Talking with other bloggers! It was just kind of like, these are my people.

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

The hardest part is trying to form a unique voice. I'm still pretty new, so I'm still working on it. Also, the time commitment. I spend hours writing reviews and posts plus all the time spent reading!

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

I do Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and Bookish. I think I ended up sticking with this one because I'm a list-minded person. I make lists for absolutely everything.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

My favorite moment so far has been joining my book club. We clicked instantly, which was such a relief because none of us had talked in person before and it can be really nerve-racking meeting people you've only known online. Our book club has been a huge success and I love chatting with those girls.

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

YA is my main thing, but I also love fantasy and science fiction.

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

Harry Potter. No question. It's my lifelong love. Other series favorites include Divergent, Percy Jackson, and The Hunger Games.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

My favorite fictional male character is Eugenides from The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner. Besides the series being one of the best written fantasy I've read, Eugenides is the most complex character ever.

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

My favorite fictional female character…I have so many! I guess I'll choose Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Sophie is stubborn and kind and the best sort of heroine.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

Diana Wynne Jones is my favorite author of all time because I've fallen in love with every single one of her books and characters. She writes so cleverly and perfectly and creates unique fantasy worlds in every book.

Sarah Dessen's books teach me about life…and about cute boys.

I've actually only read Pride and Prejudice, but I still consider Jane Austen to be one of my favorite authors because of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth's love story.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

I would have to pick The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I would cast Caroline Accola as Macy, mainly because she's awesome on The Vampire Diaries and I think it would be interesting to see her play a more reserved character. Wes is so much harder…I don't think there's any actor who can match the perfection of Wes in my head.

What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?

Divergent #3 is the big one, but also The House of Hades, The Dream Thieves, The Bitter Kingdom, Requiem, Siege and Storm…so many series! 

Paper books or ebooks?

Paper definitely. I have a Kindle, but nothing compares to holding a book and turning actual pages.

Where is your favorite place to read?

The beach. I could spend hours just lying in the sun on the sand with a good book.

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

White chocolate 4eva!

Coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate?

Always hot chocolate. I can't refuse anything chocolate.

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://bookrevels.wordpress.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bookrevels
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/elliefitzgerald
Tumblr: http://bookrevels.tumblr.com
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/elliefitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )