Monday 1 April 2013

Review: Until Fountain Bridge


Ellie Carmichael had a crush on Adam Sutherland, her brother, Braden’s, best friend, for years, and although Adam treated her with proprietary concern he made it clear he thought of her only as a little sister.

Over the years, as Ellie’s crush develops into love, her romantic idealism makes it difficult for her to move on. To make matters worse, as she’s gotten older, Adam’s attitude has changed toward her. His affection for her is now joined by attraction, but his loyalty to Braden, and his fear of losing the only family he has, stops him from claiming Ellie the way she wishes he would.

But one night his attraction is put to the test, and as much as Adam would like things to remain the same everything changes between them in a simple brush of the lips.

Soon lust, love, jealousy and heartbreak combine to force change upon their relationship… and Adam discovers the hard way that life is too damn short to spend it on regret.

Title: Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street ~ Book 1.5)
Author: Samantha Young | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: March 21 2013
Length: 80 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Details on how to get your own copyReader's Exclusive ~ Samantha Young's Website 

Source: Direct from Author (see above)
Cover Love: Hot!
Point of View: 1st person, following Ellie

My Rating: 5 Stars

“I was Ellie, Braden’s little sister.  To Adam I would always be Braden’s little sister, and that meant I was off limits.”

I fell in love with Ellie Carmichael in On Dublin Street.  I loved her optimism, her cheerfulness, her romantic heart... everything.  I was so excited when I saw that Samantha Young had written a novella that was to go into the back story of Ellie and Adam.  How after all the years of knowing each other, being as close as brother and sister, the age difference... and through all the obstacles how did they finally get together?  Well here is our chance to find out.

He clamped a large hand down on mine as I moved to lift the diaries.  I glanced up at him and he shook his head with a small smile.

It's painful to read how my stupidity I hurt you at the time, but I like being inside you head.  I like knowing that while I was struggling with the fact that I had fallen in love with my best friend's little sister, she loved me back more than I could ever hope to deserve.”

This novella is mostly told through the reading of Ellie's journals.  She has been keeping them since she was little and starts when she was very young and her crush for Adam first started.  Even though there is a pretty big age gap between Ellie and Adam, and her crush starts when she is quite young, it never felt weird or awkward.  Nothing really happens between the two of them until Ellie is of age.

“I want to read about it," he replied softly, the solemnity in his tone bringing my head up, my eyes to his.  They glittered at me, full of tenderness and emotion that never failed to make me breathless.  "I want every piece of you. Even the stuff I missed without even knowing I was missing it.”

I loved seeing how through the years the protectiveness that Adam has over Ellie was turning into love and how he was doing his best to fight the feelings because he didn't want to hurt her or Braden.  How Ellie struggled with her feelings when they were not always clearly returned.

But as much as I enjoyed getting this glimpse into their lives, I also enjoyed seeing some of the parts we all know and love from On Dublin Street from Ellie's point of view.  It was great seeing a little bit more of Joss and Braden.

“You're like a brother to me.  I would never do anything to hurt you.  And I know I haven't been what a brother would consider good material for his wee sister, but I love Ellie, Braden.   I have for a long time now, and I can't not be with her.  I've wasted too much time as it is.”

So, if you have pre-ordered Down London Road, and why the heck wouldn't you, follow the link above and send your proof of purchase over to Samantha so that you can be sent a copy of Until Fountain Bridge.  There is so much emotion and love packed into these 80 pages, you will love it.  And as if it was even possible, it will get you even more excited for the release of Down London Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )