Tuesday 9 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #9


Hosted by Broke and The Bookish


This Week's Topic is:

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger




Harry Potter Series

Do I even need to explain this one?  Harry Potter is and always will be epic.  I will never forget this series and one day I will have the joy of re-reading all of them... one after another.







Twilight Series

Yes.  I am a Twihard.  I have of course read much better books since the Twilight series but at the time it was amazing.  I just hadn't ever really read a book like it before and I really did enjoy them.







Bridget Jones Series

I read these books before the movie and can say I loved them both in their own ways.  Of course the books were so much better!  I just love Mark Darcy.







The Other Boleyn Girl

Again, I read this before the movie and was swept away in the descriptions, location and era.  Unfortunately I haven't found another Philippa Gregory booked that I loved as much but I still enjoy her work.







Shopaholic Series

Love. Love. Love Becky Bloomwood!  I love the whole series... it is such a fun read and there is talk that it will continue.  I hope so because you can never go wrong with more Becky.







Robert Langdon Series

This was the first mystery/thriller that I read and I can't believe it has already been around 10 years since I finished it the first time.  Wow.  I am so very excited for Inferno to be released in May.







His Dark Materials Series

 Loved this series.  Loved the world it created, the characters and it continued to stay with me after.  I love Lyra and Pantalaimon and would strongly suggest this series to anybody.







Boy Series

It has honestly been so long since I read this book but I just remember it being so much fun.  The entire book is written in eMails between different people.  The later books include eMails, texts, letters.. it is a lot of fun.







The Firm

This was the first John Grisham book that I read and again this is all making me very old... I read this book in 1993.  Honestly.  I am old.  But it doesn't change the fact that I loved, loved, loved this book.







Twenties Girl

Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite authors and Twenties Girl is probably my favorite of hers.  I loved the characters, the romance and it was a highly emotional read.



 
So there you go... this weeks Top Ten! What is yours?

Feel free to leave your links below so that I can check them out and if you are a new follower be sure to let me know so that I can come and check out your blog in return!

11 comments:

  1. I was big into John Grisham for quite awhile - The Firm was excellent! Great list!

    Here's mine: TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sophie Kinsella! And the Bridget Jones series is so fun. Harry Potter made my list too! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Shopaholic too... I couldn't get into the series, but the first book was great. Can You Keep a Secret was good too, have you read that? The Boy Next Door looks good, I might have to read it... I like finding older books that I haven't read yet :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Compass!! I watched the movie for that and really liked it, but then a heard it was horrible compared to the book. SO, now I'm like that book has to be outstanding.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWILIGHT seems to be making it on to a lot of lists this week! I really need to read The Other Boleyn Girl, as I loved the movie!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwh so many books that I need to read!
    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I chose HP, THE DA VINCI CODE and TWILIGHT for mine as well. Also, A TIME TO KILL -- my favorite Grisham novel. How cool that our tastes are so similar :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sophie Kinsella! She writes lovely books. I also put her on my list, as well as The other Boleyn Girl :)

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the Bridget Jones books after seeing the movies, mostly because I never knew that they were books! I loved His Dark Materials too! I loved the world and everything about them. Yay for choosing HP! I debated for a while whether to put Twilight on my list or not, but I decided not to.
    Great list! I definitely need to read a couple of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Boy Next Door and Twenties Girl are both so fun! I love chick lit so much! Also, Bridget Jones! She is one of my favorite characters ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )