Monday 22 April 2013

Review: Twisted Perfection


Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. Besides there was always a chance she’d go crazy sooner than they expected…

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came.  The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine…

Title: Twisted Perfection (Perfection ~ Book 1)
Author: Abbi Glines | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: April 22 2013
Publisher: Self-Published
Tour organized by: AToMR Tours
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes and Noble

Source: Direct from Author
Cover Love: I absolutely love this cover! It made my top ten favorite list.
Point of View:  Alternating 1st person between both Woods and Della

My Rating: 5 Stars

Abbi Glines has somehow managed to do it again... I am constantly finding myself more and more amazed with her awesomeness with each book I read.  Don't get me wrong, I expected to enjoy Twisted Perfection and I knew from the start I was going to like it.  But in the end I didn't just like it.  I absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly loved the ever loving crap out of it.  There really is just no other way for me to say it.  I loved every single minute I got to spend with Woods and Della.


“Never throw a Kerrington a challenge like that one.  We would go above and beyond.”

We all know Woods from Blaire and Rush's stories, Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far.  I am pretty sure we all loved Woods to one degree or another.  He was such a rock for Blaire when she needed a friend and somebody to be there for her.  He always came across as a really great guy...

“I'd planned to be good tonight.  But I can't.  Not with you looking at me like that,” Woods said as he took the glass from my hand and put it down beside his.  “I think I'll be okay if I can just have a little.  Just a small taste.   It's been too long and I can't seem to think about anything other than how much I want to kiss you.”

But holy cow, I had no idea how hot and sexy Woods could be.  I was fanning myself within the first five percent and to be honest I hardly found myself able to stop.  Woods was simply... amazing.  Even now as I am trying to explain the love I have for him I am just sat here with my jaw hanging open.  The man is just sex on legs.  That is about the only way I can put it to you.  And when you have all of that sexual chemistry and you throw in his wit and charm, can we just say he is perfect?

I did not expect to fall so in love with him when I started and I can easily say now that I love Woods more than Rush.  I still love Rush, don't get me wrong but he has well and truly been knocked off the top of the podium for me.  Nobody can be more shocked at this revelation, than me.

“I brushed the hair in her face away and tilted her chin up until I could press my lips firmly against hers.  This girl was going to consume me.”

And Della... she is just the sweetest and most loving character.  To say she has had a hard time in life is an understatement.  She well and truly got dealt a bad hand from the get go but does she let any of that get her down?  Not in a million years.  She has set out to make the most of the rest of her life, and to do just that... live her life to the fullest.  She has no real plans, she is on a journey of discovery and thankfully for our reading pleasure her journey has lead her right to Woods.

“It wasn't my imperfections that I was worried about.  It was the terror that twisted everything in my life that I knew kept me apart from everyone else.”

Now, I must add... as much as I loved everything about this story my biggest surprise was the ending.  I was under the impression that this was a one off addition to Abbi's Too Far series but I was oooOOOooohhh so wrong.  I could tell the story was starting to wrap itself up, I was happy where it was going and how I thought it was going end.

Then... BAM.  A huge twist is thrown into the mix and we are left with the final sentence "Look for part two of their story in the fall of 2013, Simple Perfection."  Don't worry though, it is not a relationship twist so I would not call this a cliffhanger.  Woods and Della are in a good place in their relationship it's just an external twist that is thrown in that will require another book.

Am I upset that there was a huge twist thrown at me at the very end?  Along with the promise of more Woods and Della?  Absolutely not.  I was so very excited when I saw there was going to be more of these two.  I have fallen in love with the pair of them and now I will be on the look out for a publication date and on major countdown to Simple Perfection.

“I loved her.  I loved her with a something so fierce I couldn't even name it.”

So, if you haven't already gathered from my non-stop ramblings of gushy love... I strongly suggest you read Twisted Perfection.  As this is spin-off from the Too Far series I do also suggest that you read Fallen Too Far and Never Too Far.  The entire series is amazing and you will not be disappointed with any of them.  Abbi Glines continues to produce spectacular books and I can easily count her among my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )