Saturday 6 April 2013

Review: Connected


What if a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ could happen twice?

Suffering from a past full of tragedy, Dahlia London's soul has been left completely shattered. Happily ever after is a far cry from reality in her world. But, when she is reconnected with her past, the bonds that form are irrefutable.

When River Wilde, lead singer of The Wilde Ones, comes back into Dahlia’s life, the intensity that fires their relationship combined with underlying feelings that have never died lead her to believe she has met her soul mate.

Struggling with confusion as old connections fade and new ones begin, Dahlia's grief begins to lift—but guilt remains. River wants to be the one to mend all that is torn within her.

But with a past that is never really gone, can their future survive?

Title: Connected (Connected ~ Book 1)
Author: Kim Karr | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website | Author Spotlight
Publication Date: March 22 2013
Publisher: Self-Published 
Length: 364 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Hot.  There is no other word to describe it, it is HOT.
Point of View: Mostly 1st person, following Dahlia, however final few chapters are 1st person following River

My Rating: 5 Stars

Okay.. Okay.. the natural progression of a review is to start with the plot, characters, etc... Yeah not a chance here.  First I shall be talking about the ending.  Yes, you read that correctly.  The ending.  Or shall I say the enormous, about to die from the height alone, cliffhanger?  Holy cow.  I have read a lot of books with cliffhangers but this one really got to me.

“Baby don't cry, I promise I'll fix this for you.  Everything will be all right.”

Now with that out in the open, you have two choices.  The second book, Torn, is scheduled to be released in September per Goodreads.  So, you can either wait until closer to the release to read Connected or you can bite the cliffhanger bullet and start it right now... like this very instant.

I suggest the later choice.  Because yes we all hate cliffhangers but the story, the characters, the journey that Connected will take you on is so worth the torture of waiting the few months until Torn is published.  Trust me on this.  Do. Not. Wait.

“I feel like fate has brought us together again.  I also believe that one night, so long ago, just wasn’t the right time for us.  But tonight is.”

So, with that out of the way, let us return to our normally scheduled program... I mean review.  There was so much that I loved about Connected that it is hard for me to pin point exactly what I loved the most.  I know for a fact though that the characters played a big part in that love.  Well, let us be honest, River Wilde played a big part in that love.

“I feel my body start to tremble, overflowing with the amount of love I feel for this girl.  She’s had so much sadness in her life.  As I gently pick her up and carry her to the bed, I feel so lucky that I’m the one who gets to give her her happy ever after.”

Holy swoonworthy guy.  I will admit that Kellan Kyle (Thoughtless series) is still my number one rockstar but River is now a very close second.  River is just about the sexiest, sweetest, kindest, loving character... ever.  My entire Kindle copy has been highlighted to a point where I might as well have just highlighted the entire book.  There are so many loving and tender moments between him and Dahlia.  You will be in no doubt of his feelings that is sure and his gestures and sweetness will leave you with a goofy grin... I suggest not reading this in public as to avoid funny stares.

“I never imagined I could feel so connected to anyone as much as I feel connected to you.  I knew I loved you from the moment I saw you.  How could I not?  Loving you is as easy as breathing.”

oooOOOooohhhh and the steam factor?  There are some downright hot and sexy scenes for you to look forward to in Connected.  There are sweet moments and there are some let me back you up against this brick wall moments.  *fans self*  Yes, with a connection the way these two share how can they not be amazing together?

“I swear I won’t stop until your legs are shaking and every hotel guest on this floor knows my name.”

I also enjoyed the pace of this book, it didn't seem rushed or contrived for me.  The timespan that passes is realistic and follows a natural course.  Now, this next bit may not have a lot to do with the writing but I must add how much I loved the little pictures that divided some of the scenes and chapters.  For example when Dahlia is talking about going out for a run at the end of that section there is a little picture of a runner.  When Dahlia and River are making wishes by throwing quarters into a fountain it ends with a little picture of a quarter.  I know this has nothing at all to do with the story itself but I loved this little extra touch and some of the pictures really made me smile.

“I wrote that song about you.  About meeting you that night.”

Music also places a huge part in this story.  Each chapter starts with a song title and lyrics.  With River being in a band and Dahlia growing up around music it is a passion that each of them share.  I loved how different songs were used to help evoke the emotion of what was happening and I looked forward to seeing what was going to come next.

Oh, I should also add that my very own (yes, MY very own.. he is mine) Kellan Kyle and his band the D-Bags get a special mention by River.  I will be honest and say I squealed like a teenager at a boy band concert when I read this part.  It was great how Karr was able to work them into the story, I assume that this means she is also a fan of Kellan and the D-Bags.

“Bringing my hand to his mouth, he softly kisses it. “Beautiful girl, of course I remember. How could I not? You’re unforgettable.”

I guess it is a bit anticlimactic now to request that you read Connected since I was demanding it from you in the second paragraph but just in case you are one of those people that skips to the end of a review I will repeat it.  Do. Not. Wait.  Take the bull by the horns, live life on the edge and take the plunge.  Say to hell with the cliffhanger and start Connected right away.  You will not be disappointed.  Then just think about how excited you will be when Torn is published because you will be able to immediately start it like me.

“Just know you’ll always be my once in a lifetime.”

5 comments:

  1. Awesome review. I definitely want this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to read and review Connected!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Christine! I just love your review style. Your blog is beautiful, too. This sounds like a book that I would need to wait until the 2nd book comes out to read it. Cliffhangers are hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear, Sir

    I feel so good to read your article of rainydayreadsreviews.blogspot.com.It is a enjoy able website of modern era.I am really,I like this site. Because here included so effective information. It may help me about related matter. I highly recommend it & like to share Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you'll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.

    Thank you very much for your write Article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, Sir

    I feel so good to read your article of rainydayreadsreviews.blogspot.com.It is a enjoy able website of modern era.I am really,I like this site. Because here included so effective information. It may help me about related matter. I highly recommend it & like to share Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite online rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct deals from the producer to you! We sell an implausible range of Australian favorite floor rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping on-line you'll keep on shaggy, modern, wool, traditional and lots of different rug designs.

    Thank you very much for your write Article.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )