Wednesday 24 July 2013

Review: Recovery


I have the perfect life.

I’ve finally found my happy ending.

I fought through the loss of one husband, lucky enough to be given a second chance at a lifetime of happiness. Settling into our new lives, however, may not be as easy as it seems.

What really happens after the fairytale ending? What happens after the prince rescues the princess? After he sweeps her off her feet and carries her off into the sunset? Do they truly live happily ever after?

Well…

This is our story.

Title: Recovery (Mending Hearts ~ Book 1.5)
Author: L.B. Simmons | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: June 13 2013
Publisher: Self-Published
Length: 142 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Again, perfect and fits the series wonderfully
Point of View: Alternating 1st person between both Alex and Blake.  Although there is more from Alex.

My Rating: 5 Stars

Even now, my heart is still in my throat.  I would like to first say that this novella could have easily been turned into a full length novel.  However, even with it being a long novella, it was filled with so much emotion.  I couldn't believe how much story L.B. Simmons was able to pack into 142 pages.

“We’re supposed to be partners in this, Alex, but instead, we’re two strangers, living two separate lives, inhabiting the same living space.”

Recovery is a look at what happens after the happy ever after.  Everything is not always rosy and perfect.  I have to say I was a little nervous to start Recovery.  I like my happy ever afters... I like turning that last page with a big goofy smile on my face.  Why would I want to read about the troubles that come after?  Well, I knew that even though there were difficulties as Alex and Blake learn how to merge their separate lives into one... that there would still be another big goofy grin on my face at the end.  And I'm happy to say there very much was one.

“So, when things don’t make sense to you, try not to waste time being upset about it.  Stuff works out the way it’s supposed to.  Some things just take longer than others.”

We see a lot of character growth in Recovery.  The only problem I had with Alex in Running on Empty is that she found it so hard to ask for help.  This is carried into Recovery, and finally she understands that she needs to do more than let Blake into her heart.  She has to open up her whole life to him and allow him to be there for her and the girls.  Blake is as always perfect.  The man is like a dream come true... love him to bits.

We also get our first peek at Noah and Tatum, they are the characters that Running in Place will be focused around.  I think I am really going like these two.  There is also an excerpt at the end which gives us a bit of a sneak peek, now we just have to wait for the release.

“… now that I have you, I’m never, ever going to let you go again.  You are mine.  Without you, I am nothing.”

MORE QUOTES FROM RECOVERY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )