Monday 17 December 2012

Review: Wallbanger


Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

Title: Wallbanger
Author: Alice Clayton
Publication Date: November 27 2012
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
ISBN: 1623420024
Length: 314 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Perfectly matches the book, funny and quite sexy!
Point of View: 1st person, following Caroline (although there are a few scenes where we get to slip inside the other character's heads also)

My Rating: 5 Stars

Before I go any further with this review I feel a public service announcement is required.  "Please, whatever you do, do not attempt to read this book in public or in bed at night when your partner is trying to sleep next to you."  Now that I got that out of the way let the review begin...

So. Much. Fun.

I can not even remember the last time I laughed this much while reading.  Wallbanger has it all.  Comedy, tender moments, swooning (aka sexy times)... oooOOOooohhh did I mention comedy?  Honestly there was a point last night at around 2:00am when I was reading, poor hubby asleep next to me in bed, and I could not stop laughing.  I had to get up and go into another room because I was afraid I was going to wake him up.

I absolutely love Caroline (aka Pink Nightie Girl) and Simon (aka Wallbanger).  They are both confident, snarky and oh so much fun together.  The chemistry between these two is seriously off the charts.  On Goodreads this book is classed as Romance but to be honest I would actually class it as Chick Lit.  Well, maybe Chick Lit with sexy times included, is that a genre?  I simply love all of the back and forth via text messages.  This is one of my favorites and is when Caroline and Simon are still 'only friends'.  I mean honestly, this much chemistry and only friends?  You knew it was bound to turn into something else.
“You done with work?
Yep, at home waiting for you.
Now that's a nice visual...
Prepare yourself, I'm taking bread out of the oven.
Don't tease me woman... zucchini?
Cranberry orange. Mmmm...
No woman has ever done breakfast bread foreplay the way you do.
Ha! When you coming?
Can't. Drive. Straight.
Can we have one conversation when you're not twelve?
Sorry, I'll be there in 30
Perfect, that will give me time to frost my buns.
Pardon me?
Oh, didn't I tell you? I also made cinnamon rolls.
Be there in 25.”

That is just a snippet of the snarky banter that these two so thoroughly enjoy with each other.  Caroline is a baking enthusiast and Simon... well let us just say that he loves his bread.  And Caroline does good bread.

 “You want me to cut you a piece — okay, or you could just do that.” I frowned as he took a giant bite out of the end.
“Thif if mine, righ?” he asked, spraying crumbs.
“How do you function in normal society?” I asked shaking my head as he took another monster bite.

Caroline and Simon both have some great friends so the side characters are also a lot of fun and round out the book nicely.  However, there is one side character that deserves his own section of this review.  I just loved him so much!  That character would be Clive.  Clive is Caroline's cat.  I know what you are thinking... this girl has gone out of her mind.  But honestly, Clive is hilarious.  He is even rewarded with a chapter at the end of the book.  Like I said before... So. Much. Fun.

So honestly, if you are looking for a fun and sexy read please do not look any further.  Wallbanger was exactly what I was hoping it would be.  It was a fun and flirty read that had me smiling from start to finish.

“He was wooing me. And I was letting him woo. I wanted the woo. I deserved the woo. I needed the wow that would surely follow the woo, but for now, the woo? It was whoa.”

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh this book sound fantastic! I love chick lit.... and, well, can't say I'd mind if there were sexy times too ;)
    Great review, Christine! I am definitely adding this to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you have convinced me to read this. I was hesitant, but this review has me completely sold. I am ready to laugh my ass off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the moment I heard about this book I wanted to read it. I've heard so much about how great this book is but especially how funny it is! I can't wait to finally read this, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have to have it! I saw you were reading this on Goodreads and was waiting for this. :) It sounds great, awesome review.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )