Tuesday 16 July 2013

Review: This Man Confessed


The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives.

She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is.

He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess.

Title: This Man Confessed (This Man ~ Book 3)
Author: Jodi Ellen Malpas | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: July 02 2013
Publisher: Forever
Length: 501 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Simple but fitting, lace always place a big part.
Point of View: 1st person, following Ava

My Rating: 5 Stars (Rounded up from 4.5)

I want to start out by saying how much I enjoyed this This Man Confessed.  Have Ava and I kissed and made up?  Well, we are still not the best of friends... but I only wanted to kill her around three to four times this go around so it was major progress for our relationship.

“My beautiful girl.  My defiant temptress.  My lady.  My angel.  My Ava.”

I would say for the first quarter of the book I was still angry with her, I still stick by my statement that she is childish and immature.  But she slowly started to grow.  Of course this is not to say she didn't still think some really stupid thoughts now and again.  She is just so insecure... but yes she got better.  And I am happy to say by the end I liked her.

“Do you feel that?”  He flattens my palms on his chest and holds them there firmly.
“It was made to love you, Ava.  For too long it was useless, redundant, not required.  Now it’s gone into overdrive.  It swells with happiness when I look at you.  It splinters with pain when we fight.  And it beats wildly when I make love to you.  Maybe I go overboard with my love, but that’s never going to change.  I’ll love you this fiercely until the day I die, baby.”

Jesse... *sigh*  I fell for him even harder.  As this is the final book in the series, all of his secrets have now come out.  And, WOW, are they some shockers.  I thought I had some of them figured out, but there is no way to have figured them all out.  I was constantly being hit again and again with surprise after surprise.  As always, the twists and turns are many, and they will keep you turning the pages as fast as you can.

“You keep my heart beating. And it will only ever beat for you.”

If I could leave you with one parting suggestion.  I waited until the third book was released so that I could read them all back to back.  With some series, I would strongly suggest this course of action.  But with the This Man series, I strongly suggest you take a little break between books.  Not a huge break, maybe just a little novella or short, cute story.  Because these books are intense, and the characters are a bit crazy.  They are up and down, and all around non-stop.  You will be mentally exhausted by the end.  I still think Ava would have drove me bat shit crazy, but maybe if I would have had a little break between books... it wouldn't have been to such an extreme.

So yes, I recommend this series.  The story is intriguing and will keep you guessing, and I think you will be very happy with the ending.  Oh, and there is the most perfect Epilogue EVER.  It is even in Jesse's point of view... *swoon*

“........end of!”

MORE QUOTES FROM THIS MAN CONFESSED

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )