Monday 1 July 2013

Review: There is No Light in Darkness


A past hidden in darkness. Her present cloaked in secrets. The future holds the only truth that cannot be escaped.

After the mysterious and violent death of her parents, Blake Brennan finds comfort with an unconventional family. As the dramatic loss of her parents continues to haunt her—and hinders her from reciprocating love that others give freely—Blake embarks on a harrowing journey in search for the truth.

Living in a constant state of fear and need for control, vivid nightmares reveal details that lead to perilous situations. The past begins to collide with the present, and Blake must decide if the truth is worth losing the ones she loves.

Can love conquer all as her past comes to light? Or will Blake realize that there is no light in darkness?

Title: There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness ~ Book 1)
Author: Claire Contreras | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: January 10 2013
Publisher: Self Published
Length: 266 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Beautiful.  Love the colors, the fading, the fonts... everything.
Point of View: 1st person, following Blake

My Rating: 5 Stars

What an amazing book.  I saw the Darkness series making it's rounds in the book blogger universe, and immediately added it to my ever growing TBR pile.  I have to say I was first drawn in by the cover, what can I say? I am a cover snob, and this one is simply beautiful.  Thankfully the story inside was just as well done as the cover.

“I wish I didn't have this strong urge to uncover my past, because with this comes devastation and sorrow that I'm not sure I'm strong enough to relive.”

Have you ever watched the TV show Revenge?  There is No Light in Darkness reminded me so much of that show, but even better.  There was action, romance, intrigue, and a story that will not allow you to put the book down.

I fell in love with Cole.  Holy cow this guy is pretty much perfect.  I am a sucker for my book boyfriends and if there isn't a special guy to hold my interest... well, let's just say there best be.  And I am happy to say that Cole fit the bill.  *sigh* He was simply AMAZING.  Every time he spoke I melted a little more.  Every time he entered the scene I perked up just a little bit more.  I just love him.

“I'm in love with you, Blake.  I've been in love with you from the moment I saw you.  I've been in love with you from the day I was born and possibly even before then.  I belong to you.  My body belongs to you.  My heart belongs to you.  Please let me make love to you.”

And the overall story?  Gripping.  That is the best way I can describe it.  Everything about it is a puzzle that you have to slowly put together.  I was like a dog waiting on a bone... I attacked each little scrap of new information that was given.  My brain would start trying to work out the overall story, but the twists and turns kept coming at me.  Just when I thought I figured something out, BAM, something would happen and I would be left rethinking everything.  But don't worry, slowly but surly you start getting real answers and it starts to come together.  And wow, it's amazing how every single little thing is connected.

“You're the only one that fucking matters...only you...always.”

So my suggestion?  Don't wait to read this series.  Both books are out now, so you don't have to worry about the HUGE cliffhanger at the end of the book.  I have to admit that if I would have read it earlier, without book two available, I would still be sitting in the corner rocking slowly side to side.  It would have probably killed me.  But thankfully,  Darkness Before Dawn, is released and it is the last book in the series.  So, no more waiting required.

MORE QUOTES FROM THERE IS NO LIGHT IN DARKNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )