Sunday 2 June 2013

Book Blogger Spotlight: B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E


Hi, I'm Neysa Kristanti, seventeen-year-old book blogger from Indonesia.

I really loves reading, writing, and painting. Oh, and talking as well. I have an unexplainable eternal love for stiletto platform high heels, NYC, London, and Paris. I also dream on being a fashion designer someday soon.

When and why did you become a book blogger?

I've just finished reading a really good book back then on 2012 when i though about "Hey, instead of rambling to my friends about it, why don't start my own blog and rambles there?"

And so, [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E] was born.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

I previously had a blog titled [M.N.K], which is my name's initial, Maria Neysa Kristanti, and so I want to make my book blog's name with similar feelings to it.

I also got the inspiration from the foodcourt on my local mall, which is named 'Foodlife'. And I thought, if it was called foodlife for food things, then why not booklife for book things? And then, I got the word, BOOKLIFE.

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

I personally really love getting comments. It means that people are actually reading my post, and like it enough to comment on it. And it really makes my day to read the comments from you guys!

Getting to know authors up close and personal is also another thing I really love from blogging.

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

I think it's because I'm still in high school, and had another duty beside blogging, I find it really hard to manage my bloglife and my schoollife on the same time. But I'm trying to do my best, so, yeah, I'll manage it.

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

Yep, I've been participating in Waiting on Wednesday and Stacking the Shelves, which is my favorite. It's really exciting to see the potrait of the actual book bloggers all around the world was receiving.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

My favorite moment was, of course, getting my first ARC ever! It was Taken by Erin Bowman, and I got it via HarperCollins International. Being an international blogger, it's actually really hard for us to get a physical ARCs. So when this book landed on my mailbox, I really was excited!

I'm trying to do better and better for every review I write, but some that I thought were very great (maybe) are:  Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare and Staters by Lissa Price.

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

I really love reading YA books. Maybe because I myself am still a high schooler also. I love reading dystopian fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. But what I love most is reading a sad and tearjerker story!

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

I guess I'll have to go with Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. I really loves this book because it was a reminiscence of my very first love, sweet and bitter at the same time.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices series. He's really sweet and broken, and reading him just make me go all swoony.

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Sophie from Hex Hall. The story was not that epic or all, but the main character was totally funny. I love her sarcastic personality, and I think Sophie was the only one that could make me laugh out loud while reading.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

Cassandra Clare, because TMI was the first book that succesfully turned me into a booklovers, and her works always seemed so realistic.

Katie McGarry, because my guilty pleasure is reading about characters that have miserable life and flawed personality, but still struggling to stand up tall.

Ilana Tan. This one is from my native country Indonesia, but I really love her work. She wrote like an international writer, and her story was always so heartwarming.

If you could turn one book or series into films, what would you pick and who would you cast as the main characters?

Ooh, I would really love if Under the Never Sky was made into film. Or The Infernal Devices.  I think Kendall Jenner would be a perfect Aria from Under the Never Sky.

What has been your favorite book of 2013? Why did you love it?

I think the book that I love most so far from 2013 was Clockwork Princess. It was really intriguing, and was such a beautiful conclusion for The Infernal Devices series.

What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?

I'm dying to read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, which will be out in October. So can't wait to read the continuation of Tris and Four's story. And plus, I believe Veronica Roth will close the series epicly.

Paper books or ebooks?

Definitely paper books. It's really lovely to see them lining up neatly on my bookshelves.

Where is your favorite place to read?

In my room, on my fluffy bed, with my super cute doggy Chiko.

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

Dark chocolate. The darker, the better.

Coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee, especially cappucinno or latte. With loads of sugar!

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://mnkbooklife.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MNKbooklife
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10072107-neysa-kristanti

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring me, Christine! The interview was so fun!

    Sincerely,
    Neysa Kristanti

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )