Friday 10 May 2013

Review: All In


The second part in The Blackstone Affair series! Looming danger. A love worth fighting for. A man who’ll go all in.

Ethan Blackstone has a problem on his hands. He’s broken Brynne’s trust and she’s left him. He’s unwilling to live without her and isn’t giving up—he’s dead-set on getting his beautiful American girl back. The passion between them was explosive, but the secrets they hid from each other are dark and chilling and are powerful enough to destroy their shot at a life together. With political threats now directed at Brynne, Ethan is running out of time and he’ll need to gather all his strength and agility to protect her from the dangers that could take her away from him forever. Will Ethan be able to save Brynne from a past that keeps her locked in fear? Will he ever feel the warmth of her touch, the solidity of her trust again? This is a love-struck man who is willing to do whatever it takes to possess the heart of the woman he loves. He’ll go to any lengths to protect her. He’ll go all in.

Here is the fiery story of what happens when two people surrender to a love so great it can heal the scars of the past and give way to a life of pure, rapturous ecstasy.

Title: All In (The Blackstone Affair ~ Book 2)
Author: Raine Miller | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website | Author Spotlight
Publication Date: November 9 2012
Publisher: Raine Miller Romance 
Length: 240 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Again, I don't love it or hate it but it does fit the series perfectly.
Point of View: 1st person, following Ethan

My Rating: 4 Stars

First things first... when I started All In I had no idea whatsoever that it was told from Ethan's point of view. Now, those that know me will know that I love nothing more than a book being told from the male perspective. And for that perspective to be Mr. Ethan Blackstone. Well, let us just say there was a bit of squealing involved before I could actually start the book properly.

“And even if you hate me for what I did, I'll still love you.  If you won't see me, I'll still love you.  I'll still love you because you are mine.  Mine, Brynne.  In my heart you are, and nobody can take that away from me.  Not even you.”

And did Ethan disappoint? Absolutely not. He was everything I had hoped he would be. It was great to be in his head to see how he dealt with his feelings of love, his feelings toward his family, and of course jealousy. To say Ethan has a jealous streak is a huge understatement, but did we expect anything less from him? Of course not.

It was also refreshing to see that Ethan has a funny side. He had me cracking up with laughter on more than one occasion. There is a point in the book when Brynne is having a really rough day, and ends up taking it out on Ethan. She keeps changing her mind about if she is wanting to go over to his house, and the conversation he has with himself is simply hilarious. Who knew Ethan could be so funny...

“Then I drove over to get my snaked-haired, sharp-tongued, unpredictable, and very perplexing girlfriend, like the besotted sap that I very much was.”

Of course the steam is back and in full effect. Honestly, the chemistry between Ethan and Brynne is electrifying. These two could set a whole house on fire with even a simple look shared between them. But, it is not all about the sex. I love that Ethan is 100% honest with Brynne. He promised her at the start of this book that good or bad he would tell her everything, and he very much keeps his word. Even if he wants to hide all the bad away from her to protect her, he still lets her know what kind of danger he thinks she is in.

“I wanted to make love to her....slowly.  I could just picture her gorgeous body stretched out naked for me to pleasure in every way I could manage it.  All mine.  For me alone.  Brynne made me feel everything”

As it was with the first book in the series, Naked, this is a quick, fast paced read. There is still plenty of action and suspense to keep the pages turning. It is a tad bit larger than book one, but not by much. I wouldn't necessarily say this ends on a cliffhanger... but obviously as there is another book in the series due out soon the story is far from over. It was a good stopping point in my opinion, and it didn't make me want to curse the author. Plus, Eyes Wide Open is due out on May 14th, so not really long to go at all. I simply can't wait for more Ethan.

“I have no intentions of letting you go.” I swallowed hard.  “If you come with me you’re signing on for all of me, Brynne.  I don’t know any other way to be with you.  It’s all in for me.  And I want it to be all in for you too.”

MORE QUOTES FROM ALL IN

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )