Thursday 9 May 2013

Review: Naked


Brynne Bennett has left scandal in her past and is living the good life. An American grad student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s getting back on track with lots of hard work and focus on a career in art conservation. When successful and charismatic London businessman Ethan Blackstone buys her nude portrait, he wants to possess more than just her image. He wants Brynne in his bed, serving him in every way possible. He has no trouble voicing his desires, and he isn’t taking “no” for an answer.

At first, his dominant nature captivates her, but it isn’t clear if the force of his powerful desire will ultimately awaken or dispel the demons Brynne is carrying inside. There are secrets on both sides of this relationship—huge ones. Can Ethan erase the scars of Brynne’s past so that she can reveal her true self to him? Or will the shadows cast by Ethan’s own mysterious former life destroy their chance at happiness?

Title: Naked (The Blackstone Affair ~ Book 1)
Author: Raine Miller | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website | Author Spotlight
Publication Date: August 25 2012
Publisher: Raine Miller Romance 
Length: 208 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: I am not in love with it, but I also don't hate it. It works for the book I think.
Point of View: 1st person, following Brynne

My Rating: 4 Stars

I have a question for you.  Can you have too many dominating, sexy, hot, alpha men?  The answer to that question would be a big fat giant, HELL NO.

“Ethan seemed blessed with the talent to make the most innocent word sound like hot, sweaty, mind-blowing sex you remembered for a long time.”

And do they get much more alpha than Ethan Blackstone?  That again would be be a big fat giant, HELL NO.  The man literally oozes sex from every one of his pores.  He is the kind of man that when he enters the room, every single person takes notice.  This would also include the straight men, because you simply must notice Ethan.  But, as always he is ultimately soft at his core.  Yes, he can be controlling and likes to dominate every situation, but he can also be kind, gentle and loving.  Isn't this exactly why we fall for guys like Ethan?

“That picture changed everything.  I was not the same after I saw it and I couldn’t go back to the man I’d been before seeing it either.  Not after we met that night on the street.  My whole world altered because of a photograph.  A photograph of my beautiful American girl.”

Now, with my little Ethan lovefest out of the way let us talk about the actual story.  Naked is a really quick read as it comes in at just over 200 pages.  However, even with it's lack of size I must say I was captivated from the moment I started.  So much is packed into the pages, and I never felt myself get bored with what I was reading.  There is plenty of action, suspense, romance and lots and lots of steam.  Holy hades is it hot in here for anybody else?  Nothing is vulgar or out of place though, even though they fall pretty quickly for each other you know they are both very much feeling emotions for each other.  This makes their interactions even more special.

“‎Open your eyes" he told me. I lifted them to see Ethan's face a mere inch away, his blue eyes burning hot with lust."

"I'm not your girl, Ethan."

"You were during that kiss Brynne.”

I know there are a lot of comments out there about The Blackstone Affair being compared to other well known erotic trilogies.  I will admit yes, there is a hint of some of the same characteristics that are displayed with Ethan... but is that really down to imitation or rather it being a characteristic of a person of this type of character?  There can be comparisons made to every single book we read to other books that we read because nothing is truly original now is it?  But the bottom line must come down to one thing.  Was the story entertaining?  This time the answer to that question is a big fat giant, HELL YES.

“He might be reserved in public, but in private with me, he wore his heart on his sleeve.  What you saw was what you got.  He told me what he wanted from me with no apology for how blunt the words were.”

I warn you now, there is a cliffhanger but thankfully for us the second instalment in the series, All In, has already been released.  In fact the third book, Eyes Wide Open is set to be published on May 14th so feel free to start this series without any fear of the dreaded cliffhanger.  Again, this was a highly enjoyable, fast paced story that will leave you begging for more... Ethan.

“I want to be with you so badly right now.  I want to take you home with me, and put you in my bed and have hours and hours with your body wrapped up in mine to do with as I wish.  I want to have you there in the morning so when we wake up I can make you come, saying my name.  I want to drive you to work and pick you up when it’s time to leave.  I want to go to the shops with you and buy food we can cook for dinner.  I want to watch some crap television and have you fall asleep against me on the couch so I can watch you and hear you breathing.”

MORE QUOTES FROM NAKED

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )