Tuesday 7 May 2013

Review: Down London Road


Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she’s about to meet someone who will make her lose control....

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may—or may not—fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo’s, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo’s secrets …even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece.

Title: Down London Road (On Dublin Street ~ Book 2)
Author: Samantha Young | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: May 7 2013
Publisher: Penguin 
Length: 464 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Direct from Publisher via NetGalley
Cover Love: Fits with the series perfectly.
Point of View: 1st person, following Johanna

My Rating: 5 Stars

What a wonderful continuation to the On Dublin Street series.  I so very much loved On Dublin Street and Until Fountain Bridge.  You end up caring and loving each and every secondary character from On Dublin Street.  So obviously, it is completely awesome that Samantha has been able to expand the series so that we can get to know them all a bit more.

“Braden, Ellie, and Adam came in and took their usual table directly across from us so that Braden and Joss could screw each other with their eyes.”

But of course, before I get into the main characters for Down London Road, I have mention all of our old favorites.  It was lovely that we got to see so much of Joss and Braden.  Of course they have had their happily ever after, and we were all glad for that... but that isn't to say that we didn't want more of them.

So, I was very pleased with how much they were actually a part of Johanna's story.  Her and Joss have turned into the best of friends, and their relationship was a wonderful thing to see.  No jealousy, no backstabbing, just two woman who truly love and care for each other.  oooOOOooohhh and did you see where I said we get more Braden?  Each and every time he entered a scene, my breath caught.  The man could just be standing there doing nothing, and you could feel his presence.  Like I said, it was nice to see more of him.

“I’d never felt so intensely attracted to someone before. Usually, it took me a while to get to know a guy before I felt that kind of deep tingling in all of my good-for-nothing places.”

So, let us now discuss our two main characters, Johanna and Cameron.  We all know Johanna but we did not learn a lot about her to be honest.  Now we finally get to see why she has struggled her whole life.  The hardships she has faced while trying to raise her little brother.  Johanna is a very strong character, and does whatever she can for her those that she loves, without a second thought for what it would do to her.  She lets people think whatever they want about her, but if it means she can keep Cole safe there is no doubt she will continue to do it.

“My body was panting, "He's hot.  Can we have him?"  While my mind was screaming, "Oh, dear God, what the hell are you thinking?”

Then there is Cameron.  *swoon*  Cameron is amazing, but trust me when I say it takes him a bit to earn that title.  He is nothing short of a jerk at the start.  He is one of those that immediately makes his mind up about Jo and how he thinks she is.  Although, when he finally gets his act together... he is outstanding.

“When his blue eyes met mine, I inhaled sharply at the raw need in them.  "You're stunning," he whispered hoarsely.  "No man can possibly deserve you.” 

Now, as much as I absolutely loved Cameron and Johanna together I have to admit my favorite relationship in this book was Joanna and her little brother, Cole.  I lost track at the amount of times that their love for each other made me tear up.  I loved how they stuck up for each other, the kind words for each other, and the banter.

So in others words, I guess what I am trying to say is, I love Cole.  I honestly just loved him.  And although he is not old enough to have his own book just yet, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that sometime in his future he will be blessed with his own story.  I have no doubt that he will be doing just fine but would love to see him grown up, and falling in love with somebody.  He was just such a wonderful character.

“Now go. Hang out with your friends and be immature. Responsible," I added hurriedly, "but immature."

He made a face. "Do those two go hand in hand?"

"If your immaturity can lead to consequences, then it's irresponsible."

Cole grunted. "You should write that shi- stuff down."

"I heard the "shit" in there, baby boy, and I'm stealing the last PopTart as punishment."

"Harsh, Jo." He shook his head, backing off with a smile. "Harsh.”

Please do not hesitate at all to read this series if you haven't already done so.  You will love everybody, and even come to think of them as one big extended family.  There is a fourth book in the series scheduled for publication in 2014.  However, at the time of this review Samantha hasn't released details about who the book will be centered around.  I have my suspicions about who I think it will be about, but there are just so many perfect characters to pick from.  Regardless of who it is, I know I will be right there to read it as soon as I can.

“Some people are born with family, and others have to make family.”

MORE QUOTES FROM DOWN LONDON ROAD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )