Monday 13 May 2013

Review: Eyes Wide Open


Big surprises are on the horizon for Ethan and Brynne as they struggle to adjust to what life has thrown at them. Demons from the past are threatening to destroy the passionate bond they’ve forged despite their vow that nothing will ever keep them apart. A truly devastating loss coupled with the promise of a new hope opens their eyes to what is most important, but is it possible for the lovers to move on from the painful histories that continue to haunt them? A stalker is still lurking in the shadows, plotting evil amidst the distraction of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Brynne and Ethan are on the cusp of losing everything as the stakes rise. Will they yield to circumstances beyond their control or will they give every ounce of fight they have left to save each other and win the ultimate prize of a life together?

Eyes Wide Open is a passion-wrought story that shows us what pure love can achieve when tested and what the heart can accomplish despite danger and adversity.

Title: Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair ~ Book 3)
Author: Raine Miller | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website | Author Spotlight
Publication Date: May 14 2013
Publisher:  Raine Miller Romance
Length: 272 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Direct from Publisher via NetGalley
Cover Love: Not a fan, this is not how I picture Brynne at all.
Point of View:  Alternating 1st person between both Brynne and Ethan

My Rating: 5 Stars

oooOOOooohhh how I have missed you, Ethan Blackstone.  Although I had only recently started this series, even a few days without him felt like an eternity.

“Are you real?"  He whispered, brushing up my face with the back of his fingers in a cherishing caress.  "Because I'll want you forever.”

Eyes Wide Open picks up exactly where All In ended, as in there is hardly even a breath that has passed without our knowing it.  And of course, the steam factor takes absolutely no time at all to heat up and sky rocket.  I was fanning myself pretty early on... Ethan and Brynne are as always, electrifying together.

“Holy shit…  I might just die from so much sex.”

She shrugged… “Yeah, but it’d be a fun way to go, wouldn’t it?”

I very much enjoyed the progression of Ethan and Brynne's relationship.  It was quite unique to have the first book in Brynne's point of view, the second in Ethan's, and then to have this book as dual.  To be quite honest with you, there would have been no way that I could have been able to go back to 100% being from Brynne's perspective after being in Ethan's head.  This story was made even better with it being dual, it worked perfectly.

“I was lost in her and it felt so goddamn wonderful, I never wanted to be found again.  Lost for forever in this moment with her.  I could die a happy death right now and I would definitely be smiling.”

As with the rest of the series I found there to be plenty of action to keep me on the edge of my seat.  This time it wasn't just the stalker who is after Brynne but they also face some pretty big life decisions.  I was happy to see that other than a small blip of panic, they were able to face everything together.  Because of this it made them an even stronger couple.

“Ethan possessed a skill set that combined hot, bad-boy sex god with mannerly, romantic gentleman; something so rare and captivating, I didn't have a chance at resisting the pull.”

As mentioned before, the sex scenes did not disappoint at all.  But really, did you expect them to?  Raine Miller has already proven she can write some sexy scenes, and with Ethan there is no way that the scene would not be hot.  The man could just stand in the middle of the room, fully clothed, and you would still be feeling it.  So yeah, there are plenty of hot and heavy scenes to look forward to.

And of course, there are plenty of Ethan Blackstone swoon moments.  The man just has a way with words.

“I know I'm a bit rough around the edges and I know I've trampled my way through your life, but I do love you with all of my heart.  Never doubt that.  You're my girl, and I want you and I need you with me forever.”

Thankfully, this is not the last that we will see of Brynne and Ethan.  Wait... wait... wait.. before you start freaking out, I can confirm that Eyes Wide Open has a lovely ending.  Don't think that because there is a fourth book planned that this ends on some kind of dreaded cliffhanger.  The author has said that book four, which is currently scheduled for a December 2013 release, will take Brynne and Ethan beyond their happily ever after in Eyes Wide Open.  This will be more of a stand alone novel, and really are there any complaints?  I mean more Ethan Blackstone?  Yes please.

“Now it's my turn to ask you if you're real."

His eyes roamed over me as he nodded again. "I think I became real when I met you.”

MORE QUOTES FROM EYES WIDE OPEN

1 comment:

  1. Loved your review. My review is on Amazon and Good reads. Sent a friend request through Goodreads to you!

    I feel the same as you-I want more Ethan and Brynne!! Can't get enough Ethan. Can't wait for book#4

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )